Psychology Training Programs | VA Augusta Health Care
The CNVAMC is committed to recruiting and training various postdoctoral fellows. In accordance with the APA Accreditation Commission, we define cultural and individual differences and diversity as including, but not limited to, age, disability, ethnicity, gender, identity gender, language, national origin, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status. Applications from qualified minority individuals are encouraged. Individuals who wish to be considered partly on the basis of a diversity variable should indicate their interest in their application cover letter.
Interested applicants should submit their documents online through APPIC’s centralized application service (APPA-CAS). To apply, applicants must submit the following:
1. A cover letter that outlines your postgraduate training goals and your perceived fit with our program. In your letter, please describe your previous educational and clinical experience relevant to the training offered in our program, your assessment of your training needs, and your overall career goals. Please read our full brochure carefully before applying. Please specify whether you are applying for the Interprofessional Stream or the Military Sexual Trauma Stream (or both).
2. A copy of your Curriculum Vita.
3. A letter from the president of your thesis committee describing the progress of your thesis and the expected date of defense if it is not yet finished, or confirming its success.
4. Three letters of recommendation from supervisors who have direct knowledge of your clinical work. At least one letter must be from an internship supervisor. If your supervisor provides one of your letters, they may indicate the status of your thesis in that letter. A separate fourth letter on this subject is not required in these circumstances.
5. An official transcript of your graduate work
Deadlines: Applications must be received online by December 16, 2022 receive consideration. The Director of Postgraduate Education and selected members of the Education Committee will review all submitted applications in detail and select selected candidates for interviews. All applicants will be notified of their interview status by email to the address provided in the APPA-CAS system. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that correct and up-to-date contact information is provided in the online application. We plan to hold virtual interviews in late January/early February.
The VA Office of Academic Affiliations requires that all VA postgraduate education programs adhere to the APPIC postgraduate selection guidelines. Accordingly, we will adhere to the new postgraduate selection standards and common holding date. Offers may be made at any time after interviews have ended and may be held until Common holding date of Monday 02/27/2023. See the APPIC site for more information on CHD policies. Candidates will be notified when they are no longer considered and when all positions have been filled. The planned start date for 2022-2023 is August 14, 2023.
Comments are closed.