Global Cell-Free Protein Expression Market Research Report 2022: Market will reach USD 271.6 Million by 2026
DUBLIN, October 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Cell Free Protein Expression – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global cell-free protein expression market to reach $271.6 million by 2026
Amid COVID-19 crisis, Global Cell Free Protein Expression Market Estimated at US$216.2 million in 2022, is expected to reach a revised size of US$271.6 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period.
Cell-free protein expression is ideal for experiments to characterize protein-protein interactions and protein-nucleic acid interactions and for rapid, high-throughput expression of truncated or mutant proteins for functional analysis. Another application for which the approach is considered ideal is the expression of mammalian proteins with appropriate glycosylation and native PTMs (post-translational modifications).
The technique is also increasingly used for the labeling of proteins containing stable isotopes, for structural analysis and for the production of toxic polypeptides and functional virons. Researchers are also using cell-free protein expression to analyze components necessary for protein stability, degradation, and folding.
Protein-protein interaction, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% to reach US$147.9 million at the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the protein labeling segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 4.8% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 24.1% share of the global cell-free protein expression market.
The US market is estimated at $110.3 million in 2022, China is expected to reach $25.7 million by 2026
The cell-free protein expression market in the United States is estimated at US$110.3 million in 2022. The country currently accounts for a 51.51% share of the global market. Chinaworld’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$25.7 million in 2026 with a CAGR of 7.5% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 4.6% and 5% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at around 5.7% CAGR while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$27.7 million at the end of the analysis period.
Several pharmaceutical companies have launched research in the area of protein expression in recent years. Several biotech companies have also recently launched initiatives that require extensive use of cell-free protein expression, which is expected to provide the necessary impetus for the growth of the market globally. The biological sector is also trying to utilize faster and more agile methods of protein synthesis, further enhancing the growth momentum of the market.
Additionally, advances in technology over the years have resulted in the use of new expression elements, such as specially designed promoters, exhibiting more efficient genomic engineering and translation, which improves translation efficiency. There are also now software-controlled algorithms that facilitate better performance.
Other growth factors include the increasing outsourcing of R&D by biotech and pharmaceutical companies, reduced patent sales resulting in increased research intensity in the pharmaceutical sector, lower research productivity and increased biosimilar development expenses.
Advanced applications and growing demand for more efficient and simpler protein production methods are also driving the market growth. Different applications for cell-free protein expression include enzyme engineering, protein-protein interaction, protein purification, and protein labeling, with the application of protein-protein interactions accounting for the highest percentage of the overall revenue of the market globally thanks to strong R&D initiatives for the generation of protein libraries.
Enzyme engineering segment to reach $41.7 million by 2026
In the global Enzyme Engineering segment, UNITED STATES, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the CAGR of 5.4% estimated for this segment.
These regional markets representing a combined market size of 27 million US dollars will reach a projected size of US$39 million at the end of the analysis period. China will remain among the most dynamic in this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, Indiaand South Koreathe market of Asia Pacific should reach 3 million US dollars by 2026.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of main competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-peer collaborative online interactive updates
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for one year
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Cell Free Protein Expression – Percentage of market share of the main global competitors in 2022
- A prelude to cell-free protein expression
- Impact of Covid-19 and a looming global recession
- Impact of Covid-19 on Cell-Free Protein Expression Market
- Global Cell-Free Protein Expression Market Set to Grow Rapidly
- Protein-protein interactions: major market segment
- Lysates of E. coli: most commonly used lysate systems
- Mammalian systems: a central area of interest
- Select available mammalian protein expression systems
- US dominates cell-free protein identification market
- Recent market activity
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Gamers Worldwide in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 34 featured)
- Biotechrabbit GmbH
- CellFree Sciences Co., Ltd.
- Creative Biolabs, Inc.
- Cube Biotech GmbH
- GeneCopoeia, Inc.
- Jena Bioscience GmbH
- Merck KGaA
- Promega Corporation
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Key Advantages Over Traditional Methods Drive Protein Expression Market Growth
- Cell-Free Protein Synthesis – A Key Tool for Basic and Applied Science
- Applications of cell-free protein synthesis
- Cell-Free Protein Synthesis in High-Throughput Production
- Technological Advancements in Cell-Free Protein Extraction Market Outlook
- Increased demand for cell-free protein expression by biotechnology companies
- Growth in the number of pharmaceutical companies involved in protein expression
- Increase in microbiology demand for better protein expression to propel market growth
- Rising Incidence of Cancer and Demand for Biologics Drive Adoption of Cell-Free Protein Extraction
- Increase in new and advanced applications of cell-free protein expression
- Growing Use of Lysates to Produce Desired Recombinant Proteins Supports Growth Prospects
- The increase in chronic and infectious diseases and the need for high-throughput diagnostics are driving interest in cell-free protein extraction
- Growing preference for personalized medicine to drive market growth
- The rapid growth of the geriatric population and the increase in associated diseases drives the need for cell-free protein extraction
- World population statistics for the age group 65 years and over in millions by geographical region for the years 2019, 2025, 2035 and 2050
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r2wjie
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets